Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Reintroducing My Blog

 Hello (again!), my dear readers!
It's been 194 days since my last post--covering the 2021 Prefontaine Classic!
Why so long?
I haven't been particularly ill, and I haven't died, nor retired from doing this blog!
I just wasn't motivated enough these past 6-plus months to do the necessary research (WORK!) needed to produce a blog worthy of the quality of past efforts!
Call it laziness, or just a loss of appetite for going through all the sources I use to find the marks I place on these pages!
Well, now I'm back (for better or for worse).
Maybe you've never read my 100's of posts--beginning December 9th, 2013!
Maybe you've found this blog boring!
Maybe T&F ain't your sport!
So, following are the rules, the sources, the guide that will help you enjoy this blog!!

This blog is concerned mainly with Records and Marks, from the core groups of World, American, Collegiate, and High School!

I also editorialize from time to time!
I mention some milestones--someone dying, getting married, having a baby, being injured, being banned!
I speak of related topics, like a book being published by a well known athlete!

I completely separate the seasons!!
I have TWO sets of Records and Lists--one for INdoors, and one for OUTdoors!
There are no "absolute" marks or records!!

I don't list times run in 1600 or 3200 meter races by US High Schoolers!
Nor do I list times converted from those distances!
My distances of choice are the One Mile and Two Mile!!

While WA has their rules, and T&FN has theirs, I have mine!
Thus, NO times run by Women who have a high testosterone rate are accepted or even mentioned by this blog, no matter the distance!!
So NO times run by Francine Nyonsaba, Christine Mboma, Caster Semenya, or Margaret Wambui are accepted or mentioned here!!
Nor do I list them as having "won" any races!!

As noted, I cover the core groups of World, US, Collegiate, and HS!
My main source of records and marks comes from my own self-compiled T&F Record Book, which is just over 700 pages!!

Miscellaneous covers Combined Events Records, meaning the best combined 100 & 200 person, for example!
Also in Miscellaneous are Place Marks for most events, including Relays and Walks!
Then there are the general records of World, Collegiate, and HS!
Finally, I have Class Records for the 8 years of HS and College!
If good enough, I'll also include the occasional 8th Grade Record!!

Age Records go from 17 to 40!
They are for individual years, not groups (such as Youth, Junior, or Masters).

Meet Records are kept for dozens of the "major" meets!

National Records are kept for many nations--including the United States!

Finally come my "DDD" lists!!
DDD stands for Double Dandy Dozen!
These are Top 24 All Time lists of performers!
Obviously separate lists for Men and Women, as well as INdoors and OUTdoors--so this is my biggest category!

I try to make your reading interesting and stimulating--even if you disagree or are unhappy with what I say, or how I say it!

So what's next??

I've just finished compiling the Records and Marks for the 2021 OUTdoor season--dating from where I left off--meaning everything that followed the Pre meet, up to the end of the year!
I have 37 pages of notes, ready to be put into sentences, and posted for your perusal!

It will take awhile, but I'll try to finish my 2021 OUTdoor posts in March!
Then I'll begin compiling the entire 2021-2022 INdoor season--which is almost finished!!
Those posts COULD come in April!!

Thanks for being a reader!
And thanks for being a fan of the greatest sport!!

No comments:

Post a Comment