Monday, January 12, 2015

Quiet Time

Shhhhhh...!
Don't wake T&F up, it's trying to take a nap!
You know, before it REALLY has to get to work!

I thought about NOT having a post this week, saving what few marks I have for next week!
Then I came across a Women's 1000 run at the Arkansas Invitational on Saturday.
Stephanie Brown ran 2:41.31, beating Dominique Scott, who ran 2:42.60.
I then saw an article about it, and it said that T&FN had Scott's time as 8th A-T Collegiate.
But MY list had it as 3rd A-T Collegiate.
WHAT??
So I asked for help on T&FN's MB, and Voila!, someone gave a link to the "Lists" section of T&FN website.
And there it was, the INdoor Top 10's for the World, US, Collegiate, and HS, Men and Women!

And boy, was my list bereft of MANY of T&FN's marks!
Here's the deal!

Remember I said I was just STARTING to put together some event Top 24's I didn't have?
(This was many months ago!)
Well, my research turned out to be NOT so good!
The main reason was because my research mainly covered the eTN's from January 2002 on.
I own the TN's from 1990 to 2001, so I had about 24 years of research to do!

Anyway, VERY long story short, I did the needed revision, using the T&FN lists.
And even though they're only Top 10's, I found 6-8 "new" marks for each of my INdoor 600 and 1000 lists, both Men and Women!

Thank you, Dominique Scott, for running that time, making me realize my Book was lacking some important marks!
Suffice to say, my 600 and 1000 lists are probably STILL not completely there, but they're FAR better than they were just hours ago!!

Now, let's move on to the few marks I have to report.
And yes, we'll start with that Women's 1000.

So, Stephanie Brown ran 2:41.31.
Using my "new" list, she's now 21st A-T US.

And Ms Scott's 2:42.60 is now 8th A-T Collegiate (Just as T&FN noted!).
She just misses making the US Top-24....by 0.09 seconds!

Hopefully, BOTH women will run faster later in the season....along with many others!

Brooke Feldmeier ran a 600 in 1:29.53, making her 21st A-T Collegiate on my revised list!

The PV continues strong.

Armand DuPlantis, son of Greg, is the new HS Freshman Class record holder, with his mark of 16-1.
He improved on the previous record by almost 7 inches!
(He tried 16-4.75, but missed!)

Marian Fiack set the National Record of France with her jump of 15-5.50.
She's now 15th A-T World, tied with 2 others!

And Jacob Wooten vaulted 17-0.75, missing the A-T HS list by just one-fourth of an inch!

Finally, Adam Kelly improved his Weight Throw PR by 42 inches, throwing a great 82-8-75!
This improves his place from 11th to 7th on the A-T HS list!

In Scotland, they held a great XC meet.
The US won all but the 6000 meter Women's race!

In the Junior races, the US won both, with Makenna Morley beating Anna Rohrer, with Ryen Frazier taking 6th in the Women's race, while Olin Hacker took 3rd in the Men's short Junior race.

Garrett Heath beat Asbel Kiprop, among others, to win the Men's Adult 4K race.
Dathan Ritzenhein, who had won a 10K XC race in Italy just 5 days before, took 3rd in this race!
(He also beat Kiprop!)

Chris Derrick won the Men's 8000 meter race, with Jake Riley in 2nd.

But it was GB's 20 year old Emelia Gorecka who took the Women's 6000 meter race.
Favored Gemma Steele was 11th!!
Brianne Nelson was top American, in 4th!

This coming weekend SHOULD be rife with new marks, especially in the Collegiate and HS groups!
See you then!

Enjoy this quiet time!

1 comment:

  1. Armand Duplantis, also known as Mondo Duplantis, has been setting age records since he was a baby. There are videos of some of his early childhood records on YouTube. I hadn't heard much about him the last year or two, so it's very nice to see him doing so well. I've always wondered if he would end up being short like his father.

    Greg Duplantis was known for being perhaps the best short vaulter ever -- over 19' while being only 5'6" tall. Greg appeared on the T&FN message board some years ago, and I asked him about his height because I had seen some claims that he was as short as 5'4". He confirmed that he was 5'6" during his prime and said "The older I get the shorter I was." ;-)

    ReplyDelete