Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Gifts--for 2018

With all due respect to all other's religious, philosophical, and personal beliefs, this Jewish-raised person still LOVES Christmas!
The songs, the movies, the trees, Santa & Rudolph, Mistletoe kisses, the JOY!
And the chance to write such a blog as this!

NOTE--In my research for this post, I reread my "New Year's Wishes" post from January 1, 2016!
And noticed my subject matter for 2018 hasn't changed much from that for 2016!
Which means that not many of those wishes came to fruition!

My first Christmas Gift for 2018 (combined INdoors & OUTdoors) is for this blog to reach--and far surpass--the 500 post point!
This being post 442 gives this one a fighting chance!

Continuing in the "Gifts for ME" category, I gift myself a full year of blogging, most-ever page views, and recognition by Track & Field News as a respected source of T&F Records & Marks!

2017 has seen about 460 marks on my current INdoor DDD's!
I'd love for that number to top 500 this INdoor season!

That, in general, this "OFF-year" be ON!!!

I gift a KIDNAP-free 50000 meter Walk for Women!
I give Maria Michta-Coffey sub 1:30 times in the 20K Walk!

Wrapped in a red ribbon are times of 12:59 and 26:59 for Ed Cheserek!
Also, that Brodey Hasty breaks the King's INdoor 5000 HSR of 13:57.04!
And that Katelyn Tuohy gets VERY close to 15:30 in her HSR attempt on January 20th in Virginia!

I'm wrapping gifts for the Top-Level returns to action for Mary Cain, Demi Payne, Valerie Adams, Renaud Lavillenie, Wayde Van Niekerk (perhaps late in the OUTdoor season??), Sarah Brown, and anyone else who had down years in 2017 due to illness, injury, or pregnancy!

I donate World Records (INdoors & OUTdoors) for High Jumpers Mariya Lasitskene and Mutaz Barshim!!
Yes, I mean FOUR new World Records!!

I gift the powers-that-be the SANITY to finally change back the 1600 & 3200 to the one & two Mile!
And to the NCAA the COURAGE to BAN Oversize Tracks as venues to Qualify for its Championship INdoors!!

I'm sending Santa to each & every Diamond League to provide time on their schedules for Hammer Throws and 10000 Track races!!
And to return to SIX attempts for all Throwers in ALL competitions for the Top 8 or 9 competitors!!

A gift within a gift--within a gift--that 2018's World Championships INdoors be WORTHY of its name!!

Wrapped gifts are surprises that elicit smiles!
Thus, I want to see smiles on the faces of USA Steeplechasers as they (Evan Jager?) produce their first sub-8:00--and sub-9:00 (Courtney Frerichs and/or Colleen Quigley and/or Emma Coburn!!) American Records!
Except I won't see them as surprises!!

Santa is having a VERY tough time gliding down the chimney's where T&FN, FloTrack, and Let's Run reside!!
But IF Mr Claus can make it through, he is carrying the following display of gifts---

the elimination of "Absolute" or "Comprehensive" lists
12 GREAT issues of T&FN
a "new" Forum at Let's Run that is hate & sexist & troll/spam & STUPIDITY free
FREE & technologically-perfect livestreams from FloTrack
the return of frequent Lists to T&FN's eTN
SEPARATE season Lists on T&FN's website--with NO crossover

I'm hiring FedEx to knock on Tyrese Cooper's door and gift him HSR's in the IN & OUT 400's!!

Not to mention Record-Shattering Frosh years for Samantha Watson & Sydney McLaughlin!!
(The latter gave us a Sneak Preview with her 300 time of 36.12!!)

With the 2018 Boston Marathon's long list of US notables entered, I bequeath the gifts of American Records for Galen Rupp and Shalane Flanagan (or Molly Huddle or Des Linden or Jordan Hasay!!)--given that this blog accepts Boston times for its Records & Lists!!

Speaking of which, I URGE that the Gift of Acceptance be given to Francine Niyonsaba, Margaret Wambui, and especially Caster Semenya that they do NOT belong in WOMEN's races--and that they be gifted THEIR OWN race---with respect to their person's & humanity itself!
And that ALL their past Marks and Results be ERASED--and their Medals redistributed!

For the writers & movie-makers, I provide the gifts of Memoirs & Movies from many Elite T&F athletes!!
And if they have a NOVEL (about T&F) just bursting to be set free....!!!

I also provide the gifts of new PRINT editions of the FAST & Athletics Annuals, as well as the 2019 edition of Jack Shepard's HS Track (which comes out in December--I just received my 2018 edition!!).
Also wouldn't mind the gift of UPDATED versions of the "World's Greatest in Athletics" & "National Records for All the Countries of the World" books!

While I would love for EVERYONE to break Records & to run fast in 2018, specially-marked gifts are being sent to those----
trying to break the HSR in the OUTdoor Women's Mile (4:35.24)
going for the first sub-4:10 Mile for Women

But the GRINCH in me ACHES for no more FAKE & ILLEGAL & FARCICAL tries at the sub-2 Hour Marathon for Men!!
(Though I'd love to see new WR's in both the Men's and Women's Marathon!!)
Oh yeah--it is BAH! HUMBUG!! to the Beer Miles & Nitro Games & other "Animal House-frat" shit this sport has created!!

However, I wouldn't mind seeing a NUDE Mile or 2 or 3!!
LOL

In this post-Jessica Ennis-Hill & Brianne Theisen & Ashton Eaton year, I give the gift to EVERY elite Multi's performer to be healthy & in shape for the greatest-ever Heptathlon & Decathlon (& INdoor Hept & Pentathlon) competitions!!

I bequeath the gift of a FANTASTIC Commonwealth Games in 2018!!

For RUSSIA, I order Santa to re-instate this fine Country to the Order of World Nations--free of condemnation, guilt, or humiliation!
And for the ridiculous notion of calling their athletes "neutrals" be forever eliminated from our minds & hearts!

Not to mention seeing the return to Pole Vaulting for Yelena Isinbayeva---one more time!!

And how about the most special gift of FORGIVENESS & APOLOGY be handed to Justin Gatlin---after the HORRID display of BOOING he suffered in London in 2017??!!

While we're (sort of!) on the subject, how about the gift of a NEW Usain Bolt!!

I offer the gift of Track 10000's for High School Women and Men!
With all the Top runners appearing!!
At Arcadia, Payton Jordan, or NBN??

Last, but absolutely NOT least---
the gift of LIFE & HEALTH & ELITE-level RACING for---
Gabrielle (Gabe) Grunewald!!

May 2018 be THE gift on YOUR gift list!!

Merry Christmas--Everyone!




1 comment: